20080526

Perplexing Information

Eugene Robinson delivers some startling news with his latest Washington Post column:
Clinton has poured more than $11 million of her own money into the campaign, with no guarantee of ever getting it back. She has changed slogans and themes the way Obama changes his ties. She has been the first major-party presidential candidate in memory to tout her appeal to white voters. She has abandoned any pretense of consistency, inventing new rationales for continuing her candidacy and new yardsticks for measuring its success whenever the old rationales and yardsticks begin to favor Obama. [Emphasis added]
I am a bit at a loss here. I did not realize that Senator Obama changed his ties with such frequency. First of all, I thought that Obama did not wear neckties. As a "wear the tie until I spill my ramen on it" kind of guy, I am a bit troubled to learn that Obama does not stick with only one necktie until it becomes stained. For the first time since this campaign started, I am wondering if that thing about the Kool-Aid might be true...

No comments: